Bethel  is a town in western Maine. It is near the White Mountain National Forest and home to Sunday River ski resort. Outward bound and Gould Academy are also here.
Interstate 95 (Maine Turnpike) to Exit 63 "Gray" Route 26. Take Route 26 North.
- The Mountain Explorer - a free shuttle providing shuttle service between Bethel Village and the Sunday River Ski Resort. .
- Big Adventure Center, 12 North Road, Phone: +1 207 824-0929, . Laser tag, rock climbing, mini golf, bowling, water slides.
- Sunday River, Sunday River Rd. off Rt. 2 north of town, Toll free: +1 800-543-2SKI, . 131 trails and 18 lifts. Large resort with summer alpine activities and always something happening.
- Mt. Abram, 308 Howe Hill Road, Greenwood, ME, Phone: +1 207 875-5000.
- Sunday River Golf Club, Phone: +1 207 824-GOLF, . Robert Trent Jones, Jr. course with 18 holes, par 72, 7,130 yards, CR75.2, slope 146. $95, cart included.
- Bethel Inn & Country Club, 1 Broad St., Phone: +1 207 824-6276, fax: +1 207 824-2233. Par 72, 6,663 yards, CR71.3 Slope 131.
Cafés & Bakeries
- Café DiCocoa and Dicocoa's Market Bakery, 119 and 125 Main Street, Phone: +1 207-824-5282, email: email@example.com, . A cozy café-restaurant serving up pastries and a wide selection of coffee and hot drinks throughout the day, and then global cuisine at night. The market, which is next door, is filled with groceries, coffee and wine from across the globe.
- Mouse & Bean Internet Café, 63 Main Street, Phone: +1 207-824-2366, . Trendy café featuring delicious pastries and beverages, on site Apple computers (free for use with a purchase of a food item) and WI-FI avaible. Local artwork, music, pottery and crafts are also for sale on location.
- The Good Food Store, 212 Mayville Road, Phone: +1 207-824-3754, email: GoodFood@goodfoodbethel.com, . Great selection of natural foods and drinks, along with a made-to-order sandwich service. Fine wines and cheeses, specialty beers, great soups, heat and eat meals, organic and local produce. The area's best catering.
- Bethel's Best Pizza, Subs, & Ice Cream, 160 West Bethel Road, Phone: +1 207-824-3192, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Serves breakfast, a wide variety of pizza, subs, panini sandwiches, and all sorts of ice cream treats. Delivery avaible to houses, condos, or hotel rooms anywhere in Bethel and surrounding towns including Sunday River.
- Home Slice Pizza, Lower Main Street at the intersection of Railroad Street, Phone: +1 207-824-4700. Pizza, subs, tacos, stuffed breadsticks available. Delivery and take-out available.
- New York Pizza, 119 Skiway Road (Newry), Phone: +1 207-824-6969, email: email@example.com, . Authentic New York pizza and sub take-out shop on the Sunday River access road. Reopened Spring 2008, NY Pizza is now part of the Barking Dawg Market.
- Pat's Pizza Family Restaurant, 37 Mayville Road, Phone: +1 207-824-3637. Full-service homemade pizza restaurant, also featuring homemade soup, lasagna, and chicken and eggplant parm. Also has full liquor bar with micro-brew drafts, wine and bottled beers.
Suds Pub, the Matterhorn, Liam's, and other local establishments also serve pizza.
- Suds Pub, 151 Main Street, +1 207 824-6558, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, , Great pizza, take out, 29 beers on tap, live entertainment Th-Sa.
- Smokin' Good BBQ, Orange Trailer at the Good Food Store, 212 Mayville Rd (Rt 2), +1 207 824-4744 (4PIG). Finest fresh meat, dry rubbed with secret spices and slowly smoked with local hardwood. Served up with homemade sides and some attitude. Open Th-Su 11:30AM-7:30+ PM.
- Sudbury Inn, 151 Main Street, +1 207 824-2174, email: email@example.com, , Roasted rack of lamb, duckling with maple blueberry glaze are served by the fire. Excellent service and wine list.
- The Victoria Inn and Restaurant 32 Main St. Fine dining in three intamate dining rooms. Extensive wine list. Mothly Wine tasting Dinners featuring wines and foods of different countries and/or regions. Open Monday thru Saturday all year around. Phone 207-824-8060, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Funky Red Barn, .
- Jolly Drayman at the Briar Lea Inn, .
- Matterhorn Ski Bar, . On the way to Sunday River in Newry, the Matterhorn is only open during ski season.
- Shipyard Brew Haus, . At Sunday River's White Cap lodge.
- Sudbury Inn, . Try hoot night on Thursdays.
- Sunday River Brewing Company, +1 207 824-4253, . Also goes by Moose's Tale Food and Ale, and StoneCoast Brewing Co.
Bed & Breakfasts, Inns and Motels
- The Briar Lea Inn, 150 Mayville Road, Phone: +1 207-824-4717, email: email@example.com, fax: 207-824-7277, . Open year round. Five miles from Sunday River, features six rooms and an English pub. $79 - $149.
- The Victoria Inn, 32 Main Street, Phone: +1 888-774-1235, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 207-824-3926, . Redone historic 19th century inn with 14 elegantly decoarted rooms and loft bedroom suites.
- Austin's Holidae House Bed & Breakfast, 85 Main Street, Phone: +1 207-824-3400, email:email@example.com, fax: 207-824-0672, . Open year round. Seven room Victorian inn located in the heart of Bethel.
- Chapman Inn, 1 Mill Hill Road, Phone: +1 207-824-2657, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 207-824-7152, . Quaint inn in Bethel's historic district.
- Crocker Pond House, 917 North Road, Phone: +1 207-836-2027, email: email@example.com, fax: 207-836-3304, . Friendly architect-designed home bed and breakfast “with beauty inside and out”.
- Gideon Hastings House, 22 Broad Street, Phone: +1 207-824-3496, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 207-824-0022, . Four bedroom 1848 Greek Revival home in the historic district.
- Inn at the Rostay, 186 Mayville Road, Phone: +1 207-824-3111, email: email@example.com, . Motel/inn located five minutes down the road from Sunday River.
- L'Auberge Country Inn and Bistro, 15 L'Auberge Lane, Phone: +1 207 824-2774, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, . 6 rooms in a casual inn with a great restaurant.
- Norseman Inn & Motel, 134 Mayville Road, Phone: +1 207-824-2002, email: email@example.com, . The motel, which has 22 rooms, and the inn, 8 rooms, is located five minutes down the road from Sunday River.
- Rivendell House B&B, 16 Park Street, Phone: +1 207-824-0508, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, . Homey renovated farmhouse with two rooms.
- Sudbury Inn, 151 Main Street, Phone: +1 800-395-7837, email: email@example.com, . Circa 1873, the Sudbury offers 18 rooms with seven suites and a three bedroom apartment. Excellent fine dining restaurant and the lively "Sud's Pub" all under one roof. Recommended by Bon Appetit as "the perfect way to end a day".
- Sunday River Inn, 23 Skiway Road (Newry), Phone: +1 207-824-2410, email:firstname.lastname@example.org, . Family-oriented inn with a cross-country skiing center, located a 1/2 mile away from Sunday River.
- Bethel Spa Motel, 88 Main Street, Phone: +1 800-882-0293, email:email@example.com. Located in the heart of Bethel conveniently located on the Mountain Explorer Shuttle route with direct access to Sunday River.
- The SnowBoarding House, 646 West Bethel Road, Phone: +1 207-824-4224, email: info@BethelOutdoorAdventure.com, . All-season hostel with 18 total beds. Bed price is from $19.
- The Bethel Inn Resort, On the Common, Phone: +1 207-824-2175, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, . 150 room resort situated on 200 acres, featuring an 18-hole golf course, fine and casual dining, fitness center, ski and snowshoe center, tennis court, and more.
Chalets & Rental Homes
- 'Glen House', 42 Wilderness Dr. (Newry), Phone: +1 207-824-7513, email: email@example.com, . Luxurious new 9 bedroom mountain estate located on the Sunday River Golf Course w/ free door to door trolley service to the Mountain. All the ammenities of a top resort (and then some!), but with the conveniences of home.
- Locke Mountain Cabin, 129 Sunday River Road, Phone: +1, 207-824-7533, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, . Brand new cabin located just five minutes from Sunday River.
- Chalet on the Mountain, 18 Walters Way (Newry), Phone: +1 508-943-7162, email: email@example.com, . Cozy mountain house has 4 bedrooms and is situated along the Roadrunner trail in Sunday River.
- The Grand Summit Hotel, Sunday River Ski Resort, Phone: +1 800-543-2754, . Upscale 230 room hotel featuring two restaurants, a health club and a heated outdoor pool and a true slopiside location.
- Jordan Grand Hotel, Sunday River Ski Resort, Phone: +1 800-543-2754, . 195 room hotel located slopeside to the Lollapalooza trail with a health club, heated outdoor pool and hot tub, and two restaurants.
- Snow Cap Inn, Sunday River Ski Resort, Phone: +1 800-543-2754, . Cozy mountainside lodging featuring a fitness room, outdoor pool and ski lockers and only a short walk away from the slopes.
Note: (In addition to these, Sunday River offers nine condominium complexes spread across the resort.)
slopeside rentals, One bedroom fully equipped condos trailside at Sunday River. 207.824.2920 or slopesiderentals.net
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!