Bethany is a city in West Virginia. It is the home of Bethany College, a private liberal arts college affiliated with the Disciples of Christ Church.
- From Wheeling, WV take Exit 2A off Interstate 70. On National Rd. (U.S. 40) head West until intersecting with S.R. 88. Head North on S.R. 88 for 13 miles (an approximately 25 minute drive).
- From Wellsburg, WV along the Ohio River, find the intersection of S.R. 2 and S.R. 67 just South of Wellsburg. Travel approximately 6 miles (about a 10 minute drive) to Bethany.
- From Washington, PA take S.R. 844 West which becomes S.R. 27 in WV. At the intersection of S.R. 88 and S.R. 27, head South for approximately 5 miles (less than a 10 minute drive).
Bethany features free parking along Main Street (S.R. 67) downtown. The Town is pedestrian friendly and most Historic Places can be reached within a 15 minute or less walk from the Town Center.
- Bethany Community Center which has been recently remodeled located just inside Bethany's privately owned Community Park off the intersection of Church St. and Roosevelt St. The building houses the Bethany Police Department and Town Government offices. The center is available for rental for events such as wedding receptions, family reunions, group events, etc.,
- The Campbell Mansion was the home to the founder of Bethany College, Alexander Campbell and is a National Historic Landmark.
- Old Main is the center of Bethany College and is also listed on The National Register of Historic Places.
- Delta Tau Delta founders house.
- The Old Meeting House is located at the intersection of Main St. and Church St.
- The Bethany College Theater hosts regular presentations of the performing arts led by students. For ticketing and information concerning upcoming shows contact the box office at (304) 829-7124.
- Bethany College cultural events and sporting events are generally open to the public (except when noted), ranging from classical and jazz music, to comedians, magicians, and special events such as Octoberfest.
- Farmer's Market (featured on select Saturday mornings each fall) located at along Main and Ross Streets. Local fruit, produce, arts and crafts.
- Fishing (trout) in Buffalo Creek which meanders in and through the Town (Castleman's Run Lake is nearby)
- Hiking trail in the Parkinson Forest. The trail begins behind Pendleton Heights on campus.
- Chambers General Store, Main Street, is an old-fashioned emporium offering everything from fanbelts to fresh vegetables, freshly-made deli sandwiches to hand-dipped ice cream cones.
*Boomer's Grill located just off Main Street across from Bethany Memorial Church. The grill features a sports related theme. Limited hours when college is not in session.
- The Bison Inn, Main St. at Ross St. Refered to as "Bubba's" by the locals, this small country bar caters to college students of all ages.
- The Gresham Inn at Mountainside Conference Center offers guests 40 rooms with phone, internet access, cable tv and more. Recreation facilities are located close to the Inn. 304.829.7622.
Wikipedia:Bethany, West Virginia