Berwick-upon-Tweed is a historic walled town in Northumberland. It is the most northerly town in England,just 2 1/2 miles from the border and its strategic location means that it has changed hands following wars between England and Scotland a total of nine times. Berwick is pronounced 'Berrick'.
Berwick has its own train station, and is about 45 mins from Edinburgh or 3 hours 45 mins from London on the East Coast Mainline.
Buses run from Newcastle. However, the majority of visitors will come from the A1 trunk road from England into Scotland. The old A1 ran into the town, but the modern road bypasses the town to the west.
Berwick is a beautiful town to walk around. There is no necessity to use the bus as most attractions are located within a small radius.
The town is surrounded by historic walled ramparts, constructed during times of war between England and Scotland.
- Explore the castle walls. The walls are a great way to see the town with good views over both buildings and the harbour.
- Visit the old barracks , now maintained by English Heritage. They were built between 1717 and 1721 with a design attributed to Hawksmoor.
- Meadow House  the most northerly pub in England. Excellent menu and service.
- Haven Berwick Holiday Park (Haven Berwick Holiday Park), Magdalene Fields, Berwick Upon Tweed (Signposts are along the route from the A1 to the town center and then on to the Holiday Park), ☎ 0871 231 0864, . checkin: 1400; checkout: 1000. Self catering holiday park located around 1 mile from the centre of the town and offering a range of different accommodation in caravans. edit
- Meadow Hill Guest House Low side of middle price. Near the A1 - hence an ideal spot for exploring Northumberland. Rooms and breakfast very good. 
- The area depends upon tourism for a lot of its revenue and there are many second or holiday homes which are offered as self catering accommodation .
- . UK Cottages has holiday cottages in and around Berwick upon Tweed and across Northumberland.
The Berwick Borough Council website  is the best source of general information.