|Berlare (pronunciation BEHR-lah-ruh) is a small town in East Flanders, consisting of Overmere, Uitbergen, Donk and Berlare proper.
By train: The closest railway station is Schoonaarde. From there the south of Berlare is within walking distance. A bigger station is Lokeren, where you can take a bus to Berlare.
By bus: connections to Lokeren and Aalst.
By car: the main road is the N467, which connects N445 (Ghent-Zele) to N461 (Wetteren-Dendermonde).
- Lake Donk. Flanders' largest lake. The north shore is touristic with lots of restaurants etc. The rest is quiet and green. edit
- Waterfeesten, (Around lake Donk). Yearly festivities with concerts, stunt shows, helicopter rides and fireworks. First weekend of August. edit
- Eendekooi, (Lake Donk). Replica of a cage which was used for catching ducks. There is also a small zoo and a playground. free. edit
- Sled dog race, (Paardewei area), . Late november. edit
- Open air musical, . Every two years in late August there is an open air musical on the shores of lake Donk. edit
- Water sports. Sailing and wind surfing on lake Nieuwdonk. edit
- Entertainment. A bowling alley, two casinos, minigolf and boating at lake Donk. edit
- Fishing, (Lake Donk). Some excellent fishing spots. Dispensers for day permits available. edit
- Ice skating, (Lake Donk). When lake Donk freezes many people go ice skating. There are some gin and hamburger stalls on the ice. free. edit
- Specialty. The local specialty is eel. edit
- Donk. There are dozens of restaurants along the north shore of lake Donk. edit
- Laurierblad, (Close to Sint Martinus church). Restaurant Laurierblad is well known in Flanders. Rather expensive. edit
- Camping, (Near lake Donk). Several caravan & camping sites: Roosendael, Noordzee, Zonneschijn, Bareldonk, Primavera, Rodeo. edit
Ghent, Dendermonde and Aalst are not far.