Benaulim is a a small town, and beach in Goa,India.
Its about 27 km from Dabolim Airport and 5 km from Madgaon Railway Station. Its easily accessible by all modes of transport.
You can walk everywhere between the beach, the shops and the hotels, but if you would like to explore you can hire your own scooter, or take a rickshaw from the crossroads.
- Go to the beach
- Rent a bike (Rs 200-300) or car (Rs 1000) and explore the neighborhood or make day trips to nearby places - Chandor (Mendez Brazanga house), Quepem (Palacio de deao), Ponda (Hindu temples and spice plantation) or nearby beaches
- Go Karting in Nuvem (slightly north of Margao). Open 4pm to 10pm. Closed on Mondays.
- Go to mass on Sunday in Benaulim or in Margao. Also visit the huge covered food market in Margao.
- Check out Art Escape for live music performances
- Morning dolphin spotting boat rides offered by local fisherman. This is also offered in a more organized way in Colva for Rs 150 per person.
- Used books from used book stands on the street. You might find some books in other languages as well.
Any number of restaurants line the beach front, and dot the road near the crossroads, all offering delicious fresh fish, and the occaisional curry classic. Can ask anyone to be directed to these restaurants.
- dinas, benaulim. 0700-2355. dinas resturant in benaulim run by Pascal & joe top rate eating top guys edit
- Blue Lagoon. Great value fixed breakfasts, good Indian and continental food as well. Staff is very nice and everything they bring out is great. edit
- Luna's. Best pizzas in town! Set in a nice little open space. Rs 110 to 250. The pastas as good as well. Can bring your own wine. edit
- Hawaii's. Nice shack on the smaller beach. The food is decent and they have board games. edit
- Hotel Satkar. Located at the intersection of the beach road and colva road, this indian restaurant serves good, cheap food which is brought out pretty quickly. indian snacks and breakfast Rs 20-30. Lunch Rs 50-70. edit
- Madonna Holidays, ☎ 91 880553104two, . Recently built and a few minutes walk from the beach this place is run by a couple that speaks fluent English. Extremely reasonable prices, well maintained with a nice garden and free internet. edit
- Simon Cottages. Tina runs this place with tony top place to stay cheap cleanish good christian folks,it,s a sin to charge more. edit
- Ashirwaad Holiday Apartments, ☎ 09270530781, . Clean, comfortable and affordable vacation apartments for couples, families and groups. edit
- Annie's laundry runs a GH house as well, check there. Recently built, it is cute and clean and comes with a little kitchen.
- Holiday Homes in Goa, Westwinds Retreat (Near Benaulim Panchayat), ☎ 9975001900, . Beautiful 1 BHK Apt. in a gated landscape complex with swimming pool, club house, generator, 24 hours security. Apt. mosquito proof, has invertor, clothes washing machine and dryier, fully equipt. Max. for two people. Preference for long stayers edit
- New Horizons, 1595, Beach Road, Vuzavaddo, Benaulim Goa 403716
- G.K. Tourist Centre, House No. 1596, Vasvaddo, Benaulim, Salcete 403716 Ph 2771608
Maria Hall is the main junction to catch a bus going either to Colva ( which is to the North of Benaulim or to Cavelossim / Mobor (which are to the South of Goa). You can reach Benaulim by buses going to Colva or Cavelossim, they all pass through Benaulim.