Bellflower is a city in the Gateway Cities region of Los Angeles County in Southern California.
Bellflower is located at the junction of California Freeway 91 and Interstate 605. Exiting the 605 at Alondra Boulevard or Rosecrans Avenue then going west will lead to Bellflower. Exiting the 91 at Lakewood, Clark or Bellflower Boulevards then going north will also lead into Bellflower.
- Long Beach Airport] (LGB), 4100 Donald Douglas Dr, Long Beach, +1 562 570-2678 (fax: +1 562 570-2603, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), . Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, America West Airlines and JetBlue Airways fly into this airport which is just a few miles south of Bellflower.
- Bellflower Bus, +1 562 865-7433, . Four lines provide transportation within the city limits. Fares - $0.25. Hours of service are Monday through Friday, 7AM-6PM, Saturday from 12PM-6PM.
- Long Beach Transit, +1 562 591-2301, . Three Long Beach Transit lines service the city of Bellflower. Fares - Regular: $0.90; Seniors (62 and older), Medicare, Disabled: $0.45; Children 4 and under, Legally blind, persons in wheelchairs: Free. Long Beach Transit also offers a Day Pass - Regular: $2.50; Seniors (62 and older), Medicare, Disabled: $1.50. Transfers To Foothill Transit, MTA, OCTA, Norwalk Transit, Torrance Transit, Carson Circuit, Metro Blue Line, Paramount or Bellflower Bus systems - $0.50
- Metro Transit Authority (MTA), +1 800 266-6883, . Fares - Regular: $1.25; Seniors, Disabled, Medicare: $0.45. Metro Day Pass valid on all MTA busses and rail lines - Regular: $3.00; Seniors, Disabled, Medicare: $1.50. Transfers to other systems - Regular: $0.25; Seniors, Disabled, Medicare: $0.10.
- Norwalk Transit, +1 562 929-5550, . One Norwalk Transit line services Bellflower. Fares - Adults $0.60; Youth (5-17) Two children ride free when accompanied by a paying adult $0.45; Elderly/Disabled/Medicare Card Holder $0.30; Interagency Transfer $0.25; Norwalk Transit Transfer $0.05
Tours are available Monday- Friday from 9am-4pm. Please call Bellfower Historical Center in advance to schedule your tour. Booking a tour a few months prior to your visit is recommended due to the high demand of this historical site viewing.
Visit the neighborhood Starbucks on Rosecrans and Bellflower. Buy a cup of coffee and drink it while you chat away with the friendly Starbuck's staff.
Visit Downtown Bellflower where you can enjoy walks down Laurel Street with your children, gather for an evening meal at Salazar's, or go out for a night of fun to the famous Egyptian Cafe and enjoy a hookah!
The Bellfower City Store is open from Monday to Friday, 11 am to 2 pm. This is where you can buy souvenirs from "Bellfower: The Friendly City"
Bellflower is definitely a place of five star cuisine.
Visit the Burger King on Alondra and Bellflower and enjoy an delicious burger.
Highly recommended and featured on the Los Angeles Time as one of the best vegetarian restaurants is the Thai Restaurant, Royal Taste, situated on the corner of Bellflower and Rosecrans. This delicious and renown restaurant offers both vegetarian and meat-lover dishes.
Lickety Splits is also a trademark of the city, built in 1952, the restaurant represents a culture of generations of teenager hangouts. It is famous for its fudge-topped banana split. * Internet Access is also available at this location.
- Motel 6 Los Angeles - Bellflower, 17220 Downey Avenue, ☎ +1 562 531-3933 (fax: +1 562 529-8571), . edit
For all emergencies in Bellflower, dial 911
- Bellflower Medical Center, 9542 East Artesia Boulevard, ☎ ''+1 562'' 925-8355 (fax: ''+1 562'' 925-4413), . The Bellflower Medical Center has a 24-hour emergency room edit
- Los Angeles County Fire Department services Bellflower. Both of the stations in Bellflower have Paramedics on duty.
- Station 23 - 9548 E Flower Street
- Station 98 - 9814 Maplewood Avenue
Police services in Bellflower are provided by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
- From 8AM-8PM: Bellflower Substation - 16615 Bellflower Boulevard, +1 562 925-0124.
- From 8PM-8AM: Lakewood Regional Station - 5130 N. Clark Avenue, Lakewood, +1 562 866-9061.
- Clifton M. Brakensiek Library, 9945 E. Flower Street, +1 562 925-5543, . M-W 11AM-8PM, Th 11AM-6PM, F-Sa 11AM-5PM. The Bellflower Branch of the Los Angeles County Public Library system. Special collections include the R. D. Boggs Sheet Music Collection.
- Disneyland - 15 miles east of Bellflower, about 22 minutes driving time.
- Long Beach - A few miles south of Bellflower