Belfair is located at the far south end of the Kitsap Peninsula in the Puget Sound region of Washington state.
Belfair lies at the innermost waters of Hood Canal and is home to the internationally-renowned Hood Canal Theler Wetlands, a center for environmental recreation and education.
The main roadway in Belfair is State Highway 3, travelling through the core of Belfair and leading to Bremerton in the north and Allyn in the south. State Route 106 intersects Hwy 3 at the south end of town, where it leads drivers from Befair to Union, farther south along the shores of Hood Canal.
The area is serviced by Mason County Transportation, and public transport is by bus, with a local routes in Belfair and routes  to and from nearby communities of Shelton and Bremerton. The Belfair-Bremerton route connects to the Washington State Ferry system, making it easy for travellers to get to Belfair from Seattle and King County.
- Theler Community Center & Wetland trails, offering nice views of Hood Canal and the tidal estuary
- Multiple full-wall artistic murals scattered throughout town
- Farmers Market runs Saturdays, 9-1, from May through September. Located in the parking lot of the community center, just off Hwy 3, across from Belfair Elementary.
- Walk the 4+ miles of well-groomed nature trails and boardwalks at the Theler Center
- Waterskiing, shellfishing, beachcombing, swimming and picnicking are popular during warm weather at Belfair State Park and Twanoh State Park.
- Gift shops and an art gallery featuring local artists can be found on Hwy 3, the main road through town
- Belfair is the gateway to the Tahuya State Forest, offering a variety of recreational activities, including off-road vehicle riding (ORV), horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, hunting, camping and other uses.
- Seabeck Pizza, . Offers pizza, salads, and sandwiches. edit
- Selah Inn, . A bed and breakfast on the north shores of Hood Canal near Belfair State Park. edit