Beaverton  is a western suburb the Portland Metropolitan Area.
The nearest airport is at Portland International Airport (PDX) , which is 21mi (33.6km) northeast of Beaverton; see the link for more details.
- Taxi fare is about $63.00 from the airport to Beaverton Transit Center to include flag fall & tip.
- MAX Red Line Train  is the most direct & economical mode of transportation to Beaverton from the airport. This is a great way to get around due to the heavy traffic on local freeways. When you travel From Lloyd Center to Galleria/SW 10th Ave there is no fare. Tri-Met fares are determined by the number of zones you plan on riding through. An all zones ticket will run $1.95. The MAX is a good way to get around and its ride is relatively pleasant.
From Portland, the fastest is to go west on Sunset Hwy (US Hwy 26) and exit at Canyon Rd (OR-8 at exit 71) or the next one at Hwy 217 (OR-217 at exit 69A) to exit 1 (SW Walker Rd) or 2B (Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy / Canyon Rd) to get to central Beaverton. If coming along I-5 northbound from Wilsonville, Salem or other places south, exit at OR-217 at exit 292B and go north on Hwy 217 to exit 2B (Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy / Canyon Rd) to get to Central Beaverton. Washington Square Mall (mentioned below under 'To Do') is off of exit 4A (SW Hall Blvd) if going south on OR-217 and exit 4B (SW Scholls Ferry Rd / OR-210) if going north along OR-217.
By Bus and Train
- Tri-Met, 4050 SW Lombard (just north of Canyon Rd & Lombard), . The main Beaverton 'bus and train station' is centrally located on 4050 SW Lombard just north of Canyon Rd. The transit Center is also a light rail (MAX) and WES Rail stop. A second transit center (or 'bus/train station' is further up at 10470 SW Barnes Rd, NW of the Barnes Rd/OR-Hwy 217 junction with US Hwy 26 (Sunset Hwy). edit
From Downtown Portland to Beaverton and/or Sunset Transit Centers. If going direct from downtown Portland to Beaverton most find it quicker to take the MAX train. Buses make more frequent stops as they are intended for people to get on or off en-route than to go from one end of the route to the other:
- BLUE line MAX (From Gresham to Hillsboro via Gateway Transit Center, downtown Portland, Beaverton, & Aloha)
- RED line MAX (From the airport to Beaverton via Gateway Transit Center & downtown Portland)
Both lines run along the same route and share the same stops between Beaverton Transit Center and Gateway Transit Center (east of Portland).
- #20 (From Gresham through downtown Portland via Burnside, Barnes Rd, Sunset Transit Center & Cedar Hills Blvd)
- #54 (via SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy)
- #58 (via Canyon Rd/Hwy on US Hwy 26 & OR-Hwy 8)
- #61 (Express bus from OHSU on Marquam Hill to Beaverton via SW Terwilliger and Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy. Bus goes to Portland in the mornings and back out in the late afternoon/early evenings and no weekend service with limited stops en-route)
- #92 (Express bus from downtown Portland to SW 147th & Brockman in the south Murray Hill neighborhd via SW Barbur Blvd, Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy & Scholls Ferry. Bus goes to Portland in the mornings and back out in the late afternoon/early evenings and no weekend service with limited stops en-route).
From Aloha, Hillsboro, Cornelius and/or Forest Grove to Beaverton or Sunset Transit Center:
- #48 From Hillsboro to Sunset Transit Center Via NW Cornell & Barnes
- #52 From PCC Rock Campus through Aloha along 185th & SW Farmington via Willow Creek Transit Center
- #57 From Forest Grove (19th & B St) to Beaverton Transit Center via Cornelius and Hillsboro along Tualatin Valley Hwy (OR-8))
- #59 From Willow Creek Transit to Sunset Transit Center via NW 185th, Walker & Park Way
- #88 (to Willow Creek Transit Center through the SW suburbs along SW Hart, Farmington and SW 198th)
From Lake Oswego, Tigard, Tualatin, & Wilsonville down south to Beaverton Transit Center:
- WES (goes to Wilsonville via Hall & Nimbus, Tigard and Tualatin)
- SMART #8X (Express bus to/from Wilsonville)
- #76 From Tualatin via Tigard & Washington Square to Beaverton Transit Center
- #78 From Lake Oswego) via PCC Sylvania , Tigard and Washington Square
Local neighborhood routes:
- #50 goes from Sunset Transit Center to the suburbs of unincorporated Cedar Mill neighboods
- #53 goes from Beaverton Transit Center to SW Arctic & Allen and back.
- #62 goes from Sunset Transit Center to Washington Square Mall via NW Barnes, Murray & Scholls Ferry. Detours from Murray to Hockens by Jenkins and back on to Murray from Millikan Way)
- #67 PCC Rock Creek and SW 158th/Merlo along SW 158th, NW Bethany & Springville Rd. Does not go to any of the area transit centers.
Outside the greater Portland Metropolitan area:
- Columbia County Rider  goes from Saint Helens & Scappoose to Willow Creek Transit Center  and PCC Rock Creek. The Willow Creek Transit Center is linked to Beaverton by the #52 bus (traveling along 185th) or the 'blue' MAX train going east towards downtown Portland.
- Tillamook Transportation District
- #5 goes between Tillamook and Portland along OR-Hwy 6 and US Hwy 26. Transfer to Tri Met #20, Red Line or Blue Line MAX from the Sunset Transit Center to get to the Beaverton Transit Center.
- Yamhill County Transit Area 
- #33 goes between McMinnville and Hillsboro via Carlton & Lafayette along OR-Hwy 47. Transfer to Tri-Met #57 or Blue Line MAX in Hillsboro to get to Beaverton.
- #44 goes between McMinnville and Tigard via Newberg and Sherwood along OR-Hwy 99w. Transfer to Tri-Met #76, 78 or WES in Tigard to get to Beaverton.
The Columbia County Rider and Yamhill County Transit buses make limited stops in the greater Portland Metropolitan area while the Tillamook Transportation bus can only pick up in the Portland Metro. area on the outbound trip and drop off only coming into the Portland metro area.
- Connections to Greyhound, Bolt Bus, Amtrak, etc. are made in Portland at NW 6th & Hoyt or elsewhere in downtown Portland.
The central areas around Cedar Crossing Mall , Beaverton Transit Center and old town Beaverton are compact enough and "walkable" by foot if getting here without a car. Other areas beyond are typically suburban with everything further apart (and out) which will require a private automobile to get around efficiently. Otherwise Tri Met do provide all sort of buses to various places in and around Beaverton from both Beaverton & Sunset Transit Center hubs which are also MAX (light rail) stations .
Some of the activities in Beaverton include various malls including Washington Square, and Cedar Hills Crossing (formerly Beaverton Mall). Both of these malls contain many activities such as great food, including fast food, or formal restaurants. Washington Square recently built a Cheesecake Factory, which is always a popular place to dine. Both malls have movie theaters along with stores that fit anybody's taste. There are many beautiful parks located through out the Beaverton area that are frequented by many people. And, of course since it is the NorthWest, there is a coffee shop on every corner.
- Cedar Hills Crossing (fomerly Bernard's Beaverton Mall), 3205 SW Cedar Hills Blvd (Sprawling shopping center along Cedar Hills Blvd between Jenkins & Hall Blvd), . Some major stores such as Sport Authority, Old Navy, Best Buy, Powell's Bookstore, New Seasons Market, Winco Supermarket, Ross Dress for Less, etc. More "casual" and "down to earth" atmosphere. Even have internet WiFi in the central food court and a big 16 screen Century Theater, nearby, to go see a movie. (Bus: #20 goes along SW Cedar Hills Blvd at east side and #62 along SW Hockens at the west side) edit
- Washigton Square Mall, 9585 SW Washington Square Rd, . Some major stores such as Macy's (formerly Meier & Frank), Sears, JC Penny, Nordstroms, Dick's Sporting Goods, Aerocrombie & Fitch, Eddie Brauer, etc etc. They had expanded in recent years More 'boutique', upscale, and pricey in some stores. (Bus: #43,45,56,62,76 & 78 from a transit center in the north parking lot in front of Dick's Sporting Goods ) edit
- Beaverton Farmers Market Saturdays May-Nov 8:00-13:30 (9:00-13:30 Oct-Nov); 1st & 3rd Saturday (twice monthly) from Feb to April in the parking lot next to the public library at SW Hall Blvd & 3rd Ave. The market is comprised of nursery growers, farmers, and ranchers - both conventional and organic. Artisan food producers offer prepared products, ranging from fruit jams to farmstead cheeses, breads and pastries, pickles, pasta, chocolate, and more. The market also offers many amenities, including live music each week. (Bus: #76, 78)
In addition to shopping malls there are some typical suburban big box stores in the area:
- Fred Meyer (Kroger), 11425 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy (between Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy & Canyon Rd along the west side of Hwy 217), . In addition to groceries they sell a little bit everything such as clothes, electronics, household goods, etc for every day use. They also have additional nearby locations at 7700 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy (3mi east along Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy at SW 78th and 15995 SW Walker Rd (at Nw corner of NW 158th & Walker) edit
- Costco, 15901 SW Jenkins Rd (Nw corner of 158th & Jenkins, just west of the Nike World Headquartes), ☎ +1 503 644-7615, . This may be first Costco store to open in the Portland metropolitan area in the late 1980s edit
- Target, 10775 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, ☎ +1 503 207-0646, . They also have additional nearby locations at 9009 SW Hall near Hall & Scholls Ferry, north of Washington Square and another at 18101 Nw Evergreen Pkwy (off at NW 185th & US 26 in Tanasbourne). The Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy & Hall Blvd locations were the first two to open in the Portland market in 1988. edit
- Buffet Palace on SW Center & Hall Blvd at 12570 SW Center St, ☎+1 503 526-8888. They serve all you can eat Chinese food, sushi & crab legs (dinner time only) for $9.25 Mon-Fri afternoons from 11:00AM to 3:30PM; $14.49 on Mon-Thu evenings from 3:30PM to 10:00PM and $15.99 on Friday evenings from 3:30PM to 10:00PM and all day weekends from 11:00AM till close. Great value for the money. Or buy to go and eat for several meals.
- Burgerville, 11900 SW Canyon Rd ., ☎ +1 503 646-7786, . 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM. The Northwest's own fast food chain with a decidedly NW flavor promoting sustainable practices and fresh, local ingredients. Great burgers and traditional fast food fare. Amazing seasonal items including sweet potato fries, asparagus, strawberries, blackberries, onion rings and more.
- Jin Wah  in a strip mall off of SW Canyon Rd & SW 117th at 4021 SW 117th Ave, ☎+1 503 641-2852. Serves great authentic Chinese food and Dim Sum (at lunch time). A block over from the Beaverton Transit Center.
- Broadway Saloon, 12434 SW Broadway (Along Broadway between SW Watson & Hall), ☎ +1 503 641-7474, . edit
- Coffee Rush, 12027 SW Allen (SW Allen & Lombard), ☎ +1 503 526-8630, . Among the best cups of coffee you will ever have, this humble drive-up shop uses only the finest ingredients. They also have another location at 2410 SW Cedar Hills just north of Walker. They're all in a a standalone kiosk in the parking lot. edit
- McMenamins @ Murray & Allen, 6179 SW Murray Blvd Beaverton, OR 97008 (SW corner of Murray & Allen Blvd), ☎ +1 503 644-4562, . edit
- McMenamins @ Cedar Hills, 2927 SW Cedar Hills Blvd Beaverton, OR 97005 (More along Jenkins next to the north entrance into Cedar Hills Crossing parking lot. Across from WinCo), ☎ +1 503 641-0151, . more centrally located at SW Cedar Hills & Jenkins Rd at the Cedar Hills Crossing Mall edit
- Courtyard Portland Beaverton, 8500 SW Nimbus Avenue, ☎+1 503 641-3200, Fax: +1 503 641-1287, .
- Comfort Inn, 13455 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy, (at SW Hockens) ☎+1 503 643-9100, . Centrally located near the Beaverton Transit Center "bus station" and very close to Cedar Hills Crossing Mall.
- Embassy Suites, 9000 SW Washington Square Rd, ☎+1 503 643-4000, Fax: +1 503 972-0049, . Full size hotel to include conference rooms and convention centers as well as a gym, pool, dining room and business center. Located near Washington Square mall and the south Beaverton (off Greenburgh & Scholls Ferry) office parks & industrial areas.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton, 15583 NW Gateway Court, ☎+1 503 972-0048, Fax: +1 503 972-0049, .
- Motel 6, 12255 SW Canyon Rd (NW corner of Canyon Rd & Lombard, Centrally located), ☎ +1 503 646-4131 (fax: +1 503 646-6621), . Centrally located near the Beaverton Transit Center "bus station" and very close to Cedar Hills Crossing Mall. edit
- Pepper Tree Inn, 10720 SW Allen Blvd; Beaverton, Or 97005, ☎ +1 503 641-7477, . edit
- Phoenix Inn Suites, 15402 NW Cornell Rd, ☎ +1 503 614-8100, . All suite accommodations with complimentary breakfast buffet, high speed Internet, and 24 hr. business center edit
- Satellite Motel, 13295 SW Canyon Rd Beaverton, OR,97005 (Along Canyon Rd at Hockens), ☎ +1 503 646-2155. edit