Bath is a city in Maine on the Kennebec River. It has always been a center for shipbuilding and still builds ships at Bath Iron Works.
- Maine Maritime Museum and Shipyard, 243 Washington Street, Phone: +1 207 443-1316. Gallery exhibits, historic shipyard site, adult and childrens' educational programs, special events and narrated excursions along the rivers and coast. Daily 10AM-5PM.
- The Chocolate Church Arts Center, 804 Washington Street, Phone: +1 207 442-8455, . Wonderful 1846 Gothic style church is home for offerings of art exhibits, dramatic and musical productions, youth theatre, comedy, jazz, classical and folk artists and more.
- Studio Theatre of Bath, Winter Street Church, 880 Washington Street, Phone: +1 207 443-2418, [www.studiotheatreofbath.com].
- Wayne Robbins Woodcarving, Bath, ME, ☎ 207-443-2287, . Visit the studio of Wayne Robbins, woodcarver of marine mammals and sea birds. Call for appointment.
- Seguin Navigation Company, Phone: +1 207 443-1677. Sailing charters.
- Hardy Boat Cruises, Phone: +1 207 882-7909, . Sailing charters.
- Bath Country Club Golf Course, 387 Whiskeag Rd., Phone: +1 207 443-5735. 18 holes, 6,298 yards, rating: 68.1, slope 126. Carts, clubhouse, range, pro shop, bar grill.
- Halcyon Yarn, 12 School St (The large grey warehouse at the bottom of the exit ramp.), ☎ 800-341-0282, . 9-6 M-F, 9-4 Sat, 12-3:30 Sun. 4,000 sq feet of retail space devoted to fiber enthusiasts. Weavers, knitters, spinners, and felters will find fiber, yarns, books , equipment, and patterns in abundance. (43 deg 54.694 min,-69 deg 48.995 min)
- Kennebec Tavern & Marina, 119 Commercial St., ☎ 207-442-9636. Waterfront, outside dining, fresh Maine seafood. Perfect lobster roll platter.
- Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick, 140 Commercial St, Bath, ME 04530-2546, ☎ +1 855-605-0317.
Bed and Breakfasts
- The Kennebec Inn, 696 High Street, Just off U.S. Route 1, +1 207 443-5324, . 4 guest rooms, all with private bath, walk to shops, restaurants and the river, 20 minutes to beaches. Bed and Breakfast, located in historic Bath, Maine. Providing many premier amenities of a luxury hotel, while balanced with the personalized treatment and service that only intimate lodging accommodations can provide.
- The Inn at Bath, 969 Washington Street, +1 207 443-4294, 1-800-423-0964, . 8 guest rooms, all with private bath, walk to shops, restaurants and the river, 20 minutes to beaches.
Hotels and motels
- Holiday Inn, 139 Richardson Street, +1 207 443-9741, .
- Meadowbrook Camping Area, West Bath, Phone: +1 207 443-4967, 1-800-370-CAMP, . General store, swimming pool, mini-golf, recreation hall, laundromat, playground, fireplaces, picnic tables, mile long nature trail and wildlife refuge.
- Hermit Island Campground, 6 Hermit Island Road, Phippsburg (mail: 42 Front Street; Bath, ME 04530), Phone: +1 207 443-2101, . Located only a few minutes from downtown Bath, Hermit Island is a beautiful place to camp.