Bandar Baru Bangi is a township in Selangor.
Connected by the North-South Highway (PLUS) and trunkroads and highways (SILK) from neighbouring Kajang.
- University Kebangsaan Malaysia. National University of Malaysia, also houses a restricted natural forest reserve. edit
- Taman Tasik Cempaka, (off Persiaran Bangi, near PKNS Complex). A well maintained recreation park surrounding a man-made river-lake. Equipped with jogging track, reflexology track, small football/soccer field and gazebos, it is suitable for a leisurely stroll for families as well as after-work sporting activities. Free entry. edit
- PKNS Complex (Kompleks PKNS), Persiaran Bangi. Shopping mall with supermarket, fastfood and shops with varieties of local goods. edit
- Warta Mall. Shopping mall with supermarket and various shopping stalls selling local products and goods. edit
- Night Market 1, Seksyen 16, near Shell station & PKNS flat houses. 4pm - 10pm. Every tuesday and saturday. Fresh groceries, affordable foods and goodies. edit
- Night Market 2, Seksyen 4,near petronas station. 4pm - 10pm. Every wednesday & Friday. Fresh groceries, affordable foods and goodies. edit
- Farmer's Market 1, Seksyen 16, near Shell station & PKNS flat houses. Every thursday. Fresh groceries, affordable foods and goodies. edit
- Farmer's Market 2, In front of PKNS shopping mall. Every sunday. Fresh groceries, affordable foods and goodies. edit
There are various clothing, fashion, and electronic shops and indoor stalls in the delapidated Warta Mall (there are also several chemists located on the ground floor) and Kompleks PKNS which feature mostly Muslim-themed wear. Both malls are about 20 to 30 minutes walk from the Hotel Equatorial Bangi.
The new shoplot developments in and around the township has various dining outlets and also local eateries such as Mamak stalls and mobile cendol and rojak vendors. In the older section of the township, outdoor food courts are also popular and satay can generally be found easily. Tom yam, seafood, and 'sup gearbox' stalls can be found on a major road connecting the township to the SILK Highway
- Bangi Kopitiam, Jalan Medan PB1 (off Persiaran Kemajuan). Popular spot for coffee, teh tarik and toast bread, albeit a bit pricey. edit
- McDonald's. Two McDonald's outlets, including a recently completed Drive-Thru next to the Kompleks PKNS edit
- Old Town White Coffee. edit
As the township consists mostly of Malay-Muslims, there are no entertainment outlets serving alcohol and is generally a 'dry' area except at the Hotel Equatorial Bangi.
- Hotel Equatorial Bangi. A five-star hotel with adjacent golf course, situated on a hill overlooking Tasik Cempaka and the new township area. edit