Balkan Province is the western region of Turkmenistan, spanning the western Karakum and much of the Caspian Basin.
- Balkanabat — an oil and gas center at the foot of the Balkan Daglary mountains.
- Esenguly — a small remote at the southwest of the region on the Caspian Sea.
- Garabogaz — a town at the narrow strait separating the gigantic Garabogaz Lagoon from the Caspian Sea.
- Gazandzhyk — a railway town.
- Gyzyletrek — a small border town on a rarely traveled road to Gorgan, Iran.
- Gumdag — small railway town.
- Serdar — a medium sized city northwest of Ashgabat.
- Turkmenbashi — Turkmenistan's port on the Caspian, with a few beach hotels.
- Dakhistan — the ruins of an impossibly remote Silk Road city, home to Shir-Kabir mausoleum.