Balasore (also known as Baleswar or Baleshwar) is a city in Odisha (formerly Orissa) in Eastern India.
The town is located on the coast in the north-east corner of Odisha, it is full of mixed cultures, and is greatly influenced by Oriya, Bengali and Marwari cultures. it's also a industrial hub with some major industries and numerous small scale industries.
Balasore is connected by road and rail. it can be reached from Bhubaneswar and Kolkata both by the NH-5 road and by direct trains on the Howrah-Chennai main line. Buses from Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Kolkata and Baripada are readily available. The nearest airport is in Bhubaneswar about 200 km away.
- Chandipur beach-The swaying Casuarina trees the shimmering waters at the sea side resort have made Chandipur a favorite haunt for a small coterie of beach lovers. It gives water revelers the ultimate pleasure of walking into its shallow depths without fear. Do visit in full moon(purnima) & no Moon(amabasya)to experience water in the sea
- Khirachora Gopinath TempleA short drive of 9kms from Balasore takes us to a Famous holy religious Temple of Load Khirachora Gopinath, it is a seat of Vaishnavite culture for centuries . Sri Chaitanya, his teacher Madhavendrapuri and disciple sjeev - sawami Goswami are said to have visited the shrine and worshipped the Load. Khira (a special milk preparation) is the most delicious offering of the temple. Champak and kadamba Trees inside the courtyard fill the air with sweet and scented fragrance all the time.
- PanchalingeshwarPanchalingeswar is situated on a hillock near Nilagiri surrounded by green forests. A perennial stream flows on the five Lingams. The place commands a panoramic view of nature and is ideal for picnickers. ready to climb more than 200 stairs, it is very interesting.
The town is famous for its tasty Rasgullas. Some of the better known sweet shops in the city are Mahi Rasagolla and Jagadathri Sweets. Mahi Rassagolla is famous for its rassagollas while Jagadhatri Sweets is known for Pantuas (a version of Gulab Jamun that is fried a little more deeply).
Be sure to also ask for Chhena Poda when you visit a sweet shop (literal translation: fried/burnt cheese in sugar). Chhena Poda is a little more expensive than a regular sweet dish and is generally sold by weight.
- Jagadhatri Sweets, Motiganj, Balasore. edit
- Hotel Maridian- Station square, balasore-Try bread idli and Hilsa pathudi(steam fish prepared in banana leaf), really delicious
- Hotel Hariplaza 500 meter from ITI square(Near Odisha Plastic Factory)-Tandoor item prepared delicately,Morover mutton/goat meat prepared in earthen pot and arwa rice, in oriya style taste divine.
- Nilgiri sweet/Chakadola Sweets-18 KM from Balasore, Nilgiri market. Try some rosogolla prepared from cow milk. really taste & export quality. These two shopkeepers have fixed knife and blade in their tounge. Whenever they speak up, speak up rude only, because of their ego in high income. but anyway buy sweet their eat it somewhere else.
- Jaganath puri Vaji stall- Motiganj market, balasore- try breakfast- puri vaji, sugar syrup and vugni oriya style, food prepared in kansa basana.
- The Rainbow- near chidiapolo, Best tasty south indian dishes, Upma,Idli, Dosa, Dahi Bada, Singhada, Vegetable Chop, Chhole Bhature
- Panipuri/puchka/golguppa Stall- available from evening to 09.00 PM at ADM square, near public school
- Bhojan-O.T.Road, Inside Barjorjis Hotels Pvt. Ltd., Balasore,
Superb Tasty food served with humble greeting. Lunch buffet is organised at very nominal price.
- Hotel Swarnachuda Restaurant-Near Bus stand,Sahadev Khunta, Balasore, India
serve Indian, Chinese, Continental, Tanduri meals, breakfast & snacks.Service has been deteriorated during few months. The place is far off from Chandipur but heart of balasore after crossing overbridge.traveller staying in balasore may visit to the restaurant.
- Megabites Near Chandipur Sea Beach, Balasore,
‘Megabites’ written on red glow sign.The sitting space was lit uniquely with applique works hanging around. somewhat like a French-Cafe Pizza (many varieties) , pasta, Burger, French fries .coffee by Cafe-coffee-Day..etc...The deserts included sundaes, frappe etc..sumptuous dinner ..food is really tasty. Being a live kitchen,cleanliness and sanity of food. The chef is very well behaved
- Panthanivas, Balasore, Near Police Line (3-4km from Balasore Railway station). Rs 700-900. edit
- Hotel Aroma, Balasore, VS Marg (3-4km from Balasore Railway station). Located right inside the town. Negative: A canal runs near the hotel Rs 250. edit
- Hotel Nishi, Balasore, Motiganj Market, Cinema bazar (4-5km from Balasore Railway station), ☎ 06782-264895. checkout: 24 hrs. Located in the Motiganj market of Balasore.It has good newly furnished rooms at a cheap price compared to others. Rs 300. (750,1100) edit
- Roop Park Village, Panchalingeswar (20 km out of town), ☎ +91 098302 330754. checkin: 8AM; checkout: * AM. Cottages Tent Dormitory Restaurant Village Ambience Tribal Dance etc. Rs 925 - 1800. edit
- Panchalingeswar - this Shaivite shrine famous for its elevating natural splendour amidst the lush Nilagiri Hills and fine lingams over which runs a continuously flowing stream.