Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, commonly referred to as Bad Homburg, is a town just outside Frankfurt in Hesse, Germany.
Take the regional train line S5 or the subway U2 from Frankfurt to get to Bad Homburg.
Bad Homburg can be reached via A5 und A661 (Autobahn), crossing each other close to the town. The exit "Bad Homburg - Stadtmitte" is the best to get to the city center.
Bad Homburg is about 30km away from Frankfurt International Airport.
Emperor Antoninus Pius Presides at the Saalburg Main Gate
- Landgrave Castle with White Tower, the town's landmark
- Roman Fort Saalburg near World Heritage Site Limes (border wall between the Roman Empire and free Germanic lands)
- Hunting Lodge Gothic House (Gotisches Haus)
- Kurpark, big park in the center of the city also called Bad Homburg Central Park with mineral springs, the Kaiser-Wilhelm Bath, a small golf course, the Spielbank Casino, two Siamese pavillions, the Russian Chapel, Tennis courts, a big pond and a garden for blind people. There are occasional classical concerts near Wandel Hall at the eastern end of "Brunnenallee" (Avenue of Fountains).
- Schlosspark or Castle Park with a big pond, being situated west of the Landgrave Castle.
- Kaiser-Wilhelm-Jubiläumspark, inaugurated 1913 for the 25 year anniversary of the accession to the throne of emperor Wilhelm II., cycling is allowed here unlike in the other parks.
- Kleiner Tannenwald, newly constituted park of the garden landscapes of the landgrave with quite a large pond
- Hirschgarten and Forstgarten, in the city forest west of Dornholzhausen, large game reserve with deer.
Kurpark in Bad Homburg at October
- The Saalburg  is an old Roman fort that has been restored. You can either take a bus from Bad Homburg, or take the "Taunusbahn" to station "Saalburg" and walk 45 minutes along the Limes to reach the fort. The fort is on the Roman Limes which have been included in the UNESCO World Heritage List as part of the Frontiers of the Roman Empire site, which also includes Hadrian's Wall site in Northern England.
- Taunus Therme, 61352 Bad Homburg v. d. Höhe, Tel. +49 (0)6172 40 64-0 (Fax +49 (0)6172 4 20 03). A Day Spa/pool that offers swimming, sauna, massages, dining, barrier free (FKK) area, gift shop, therapeutic baths, and steam bath, much more in a romantic Japanese-style setting. 12.50 Euros for basic 2 hour stay and 17.00 Euros for four hours (adult). This pool is not geared for children, but they are welcome. Weekdays are typically quiet, but Friday and Saturday night is when the young couples come out.