Baile Herculane is a city in Caraș-Severin County, Romania.
- By road: The spa is 5 km far from the National Road DN 6 (E 70), which links the western part of the country to Bucharest;
- By train: Herculane rail station on the international railway Bucharest-Timisoara-Budapest;
- By plane: the nearest airports: Caransebes (80 km), Craiova (160 km) and Timisoara international airport (170 km). The closest important town is Drobeta-Turnu-Severin (47 km).
- The balnear-city Baile Herculane is posted in south-west of Romania, at the crossing of the 450 52I N parallel with 230 52I E meridian, in the same position with Venice and Nice.
- It's just off European route E 70, 380 km from Bucarest.
- The nearest airport is at Caransebes – 70 km away.
- The city is on the banks of the Cerna river, in a corridor separating the Godeanu Mountains and the Cernei Mountains on the northwest from the Valcanului Mountains and the Mehedinti Mountains on the southeast. Altitude is only 168 m.
- The geographic location of the Cerna basin shows that it, together with the whole western part of the territory of the country, is predominantly subject to the influence of the west and south-west atmospheric circulation. The median temperature is 10,5 0C.
- THE THERMAL-
- MINERAL WATER SUPPLIES
- THE HERCULES SPRING 67 0C
- At present, 16 natural springs wait thermal mineral water, scattered along the Cerna for about 4 km, are known in the neighbourhoud of the resort Baile Herculane. In the late decades 9 hidro-geological drillings have been performed in order to obtain important flow increases. The present-day thermal-mineral water supply the resort as in store is of 4.000 m3/24 h, that offers - due to their physical-chemical properties - various possibilities of balneary treatment.
- The clorine and sodium wich are found in great quantities (from 7 mg/l to 4.700 mg/l), generally appear in thermal waters through the effusion of hot mineralized vapours from the magma pits, through the action of hydrochloric acid on the minerals in the rocks the vapours go trough on their ascending way to the surface of the earth.
* The main springs:
* the artesian spring Maria (Neptun today): 54 0C
* Elisabet (Diana today): 55 0C
* Hebe: 41 0C
* Ileana (Apollo 1 today): 46 0C
* Iosif: 54 0C
* Neptun 3: 54 0C
* Hercules: 67 0C
* Hygeea: 48 0C
- The Baile Herculane springs are high radioemanation and are comparable trough their value with the ones from Vichy and Montdore.
- NATURAL AIR - IONIZATION
- 2.000-2.500 negative air-ions/cm3/s
*Air-ions can act on the organism in two ways:
- - entering the lungs together with the in-coming air
- - by direct action on the skin
Negativ ions increase the resistance of the body to catching disease.
- THE RANGE OF AFECTION WICH ARE TREATED HERE
- Treatment Procedures
- massage, functional rehabilitation, gymnastics and acupuncture.
- Treatment prescriptions
- Locomotion Apparatus and Nervous System affections; sequels after Locomotion Apparatus trauma;
- breathing problems;
- chronic gynecological disorders;
- incipient diabetes mellitus;
- heavy metals intoxications;
- digestive disease;
- eyes problems;
- overweight syndrome.
- Acute affections,
- psychic disorders,
- hemorrhagic syndrome.
The history of this town goes way back to second century.