Irrawaddy is a region of Myanmar.
 Other destinations
- Chaungtha (beach on the west coast)
- Ngwe Saung (beach on the west coast)
- Taukkyan - the site of the war cemetery with the graves of more than 6,000 Allied soldiers who perished in Burma during WWII.
 Get in
- Ayeyarwady Region is served by Pathein Airport.
- There are 7 buses a day from Pathein to Yangon. (6,000 kyat July 2013) Bus also links from Pathein to Pyay, then Pyay to Bagan.
- The railroad links Pathein to Kyan Gin and from there to either Pyay or Yangon.
- A slow boat is available from Pathein to Yangon twice a week, making the journey in 24 hours. Price in July 2013: $8 (2 seats for foreigner) for deck and $40 for cabin.
 Get around
 Stay safe
 Get out