Auburn Hills is a city in Oakland County in the state of Michigan. It is a suburb of Detroit.
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport is a major airport in Romulus, south of Detroit. It has flights worldwide, and is about 40-50 minutes away.
- Bishop International Airport, in nearby Flint, has flights from many different parts of the country. It is about 40-50 minutes away.
When you read the guidebooks about Detroit (the few that are published about it) they mention SMART buses and the Detroit Department of Transportation. Bus Service in Auburn Hills is slow, complicated, and sometimes even more expensive than driving a car.
Sheerly by the design of the geography of Detroit and its environs, the car is king. But don't be afraid of it, cars are only a means to an end; the end being the unique Detroit people.
- Chrysler Museum Auburn Hills.
- Palace at Auburn Hills  Auburn Hills
One of the premier attractions of Auburn Hills (if not the entire metro area) is the Palace of Auburn Hills, the home of the Detroit Pistons and occasionally a few other sports have sprung up in this stadium as well. It is a MAJOR concert stop for recording artists around the English-speaking world, including such artists as Coldplay, Elton John, and Billy Joel.
- Great Lakes Crossing Mall, 4000 Baldwin Rd,, ☎ +1 248 454-5000, . A premier shopping destination in this area. The mall features a Bass Pro Shop, a central food court, a 30-screen movieplex, an aquarium, a Legoland Discovery Center, one of the few GameWorks mega-game arcades in Michigan, and is just a great place to people watch as well. edit
- Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills, 2050 Featherstone Road, ☎ 248-322-4600, . A hotel featuring spacious accommodations, vacation packages and dining. This hotel is also conveniently located near major corporations including Chrysler & General Motors. edit
- Courtyard Detroit Auburn Hills, 2550 Aimee Lane, ☎ 248-373-4100, . The Courtyard Detroit Auburn Hills hotel offers guests a fresh take on travel at an ideal location in the Detroit area. Enjoy convenient access to the Palace of Auburn Hills - home of the Detroit Pistons - DTE Energy Music Theater, shopping at Great Lakes Crossing Outlet Mall and Meadowbrook Theater. For work time, or downtime, the Auburn Hills, Michigan hotel's modern lobby is built to help you make the most of your time. Grab a Starbucks®, stay connected with free high-speed wireless internet, work or unwind in flexible, functional open spaces, and enjoy The Bistro with breakfast, dinner and beverage service. Guest rooms at this hotel in Auburn Hills, Michigan combine comfort with functionality and include redesigned beds from Courtyard with thicker mattresses and luxurious linens. Don't forget about this Auburn Hills hotel's two meeting rooms totaling 1600 sq. ft. of space, for your next Detroit corporate event or Auburn Hills wedding reception. It's a new stay at the Courtyard Detroit Auburn Hills Hotel. edit
|Routes through Auburn Hills
Wikipedia:Auburn Hills, Michigan