Atascadero is in San Luis Obispo County in the Central Coast region of California
The nearest airport is San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport, which provides flights to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Phoenix. 
The Regional Transit Authority runs a route from San Miguel to San Luis Obispo.  Greyhound stops in San Luis Obispo.
Amtrak stops in San Luis Obispo.
Highway 101 comes from the north and south. Travels times to the Bay Area and Los Angeles are about four hours each way. Highway 41 goes to Morro Bay in the west and Shandon/Fresno in the east.
A limited transit system run Monday through Saturday around the city.
A car is the best way to get around the city.
Walking is not advised to the distances involved
- Charles Paddock Zoo, Lago Avenue, ☎ 805.461.5080, . Open 7 days a week Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas April 1 – October 31 10:00 am to 5:00 pm November 1 – March 31 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Charles Paddock Zoo is a fully accredited Zoo, exhibiting over 100 animals on 5 park-like acres within Atascadero Lake Park. Adults 12 & over $5.00 Children 3 to 11 $4.00 Seniors 65+ $4.25 Children 2 years and under -- FREE Members -- FREE. edit
- Atascadero Historical Museum, 6600 Lewis Ave., ☎ +1 805 466-8341, . Wednesday, Saturday 1pm to 4pm. edit
- Sunken Gardens right next to city hall downtown.
There is a small lake on the western side of the city. It is too small for big craft like motorboats and too unsanitary for swimming. However there is a park, zoo, pool and paddle boat rentals all on the north-western shore of the lake.
- Fig Good Food, 5945 Traffic Way, ☎ +1 805 460-9900 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Monday, Saturday 11:00am-3:00pm Tuesday—Friday 11:00am-8:30pm Sunday Closed. edit
- El Taco De Mexico, 8075 El Camino Real, ☎ (805) 464-0195. edit
- Best Western Colony Inn, 3600 El Camino Real, ☎ +1 805 466-4449 (fax: +1 805 466-2119), . edit
- Motel 6, 9400 El Camino Real, ☎ +1 805 466-6701 (fax: +1 805 466-5836), . edit
- Carlton Hotel, 6005 El Camino Real, ☎ 877-204-9830, . checkin: 4:00 PM; checkout: 11:00 AM. Most expensive hotel in town. $130 minimum. edit
- San Luis Obispo to the south, the largest city in the county, has more attractions than Atascadero.
|Routes through Atascadero