Astoria  is a city on the Northern Oregon Coast. It is a small rainy town on the edge of the Columbia River and the Pacific Ocean. Possibly most famous for being the terminus for the Lewis and Clark Expedition, or the setting of Goonies, you can choose.
U.S. Route 101 runs north-south through the city. U.S. Route 30 provides access from points east, including Portland. From Interstate 5, take I-405 in downtown Portland to U.S. 30 west and follow it along the river; it will take you through the small towns of St. Helens and Rainier on the way to Astoria.
* Astoria Column, atop Coxcomb Hill. Registered in the National Register of Historic Places, the 125-foot high column sits 600 feet above the town of Astoria, providing spectacular panoramic views. A spiral staircase leads to an observation deck at the top of the tower. The paintings of the side of the column depict scenes from the settling of the area. edit
- Fort Clatsop National Memorial, 92343 Fort Clatsop Road, Astoria, OR 97103-9197 (6 miles S of Astoria off U.S. 101 Alternate), ☎ +1 503-861-2471 ext. 214 (fax: +1 503-861-2585), . The site where the Lewis and Clark Expedition wintered between 1805 and 1806. It features a museum and visitor center, historical exhibits, and hiking trails through wetlands. During the summer enjoy living history demonstrations. Peak season (mid-June to Labor Day) $5.00 adults (16+), $2.00 children (15 and under); off-peak $3.00 adults, children free; see website for details. edit
- Columbia River Maritime Museum, 1792 Marine Drive, . Daily 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. Explore interactive activities that show different aspects of life and work on the Columbia River. The building has recently been renovated and has huge windows that showcase the beautiful views of the Columbia River. edit
- Astoria Sunday Market From May to October on 12th Street between Marine Drive and Duane Street. This market combines fresh produce, local arts & crafts for a lively outdoor experience.
Also go on see the Astoria Elemetary School where they filmed the movie Kindergarden Cop.
- Drive around town and spot filming locations for various movies filmed in the area. These include: The Goonies, Kindergarten Cop, Short Circuit and Free Willy. A free guide is available at the Astoria Chamber of Commerce, Visitors Center, Flavel House and the Heritage Museum.
- Astoria Riverwalk Walk or take the restored trolley along the riverfront past many historical sites.
- Godfather's Books, 1108 Commercial St, ☎ (503) 325-8143. Snazzy little bookstore with an espresso bar inside. edit
- The Columbian Cafe A local favorite. Specializing in fresh, locally caught seafood and vegetarian fare. Eccentric owner Uriah Husley is an Astoria icon. A must visit.
- Casa del Sol, 1446 Commercial ST, ☎ 503-325-9790, . 10am-7pm. $10" lat="" long="">Great Authentic Mexican food at a Great Price. It's a piece of Mexico in Astoria. edit
- Fulio's Pastaria & Tuscan Steak House, 1149 Commercial St., +1 503 325-9001. Quoted, "The Best Restaurant Between Seaside & Seattle" by J. Nicholas of the the Oregonian. Has a wide variety of entrees and appetizers to choose from. Delightful restaurant in a small town with a bit of an upscale feel, but very casual.
- Silver Salmon Grille, 360 12th St., (just off of Commercial Street in downtown Astoria). +1 503 338-6640. Very good restaurant. Very nice feel to the restaurant, and along with great food and service, while you are waiting for your food the table is covered with paper and is supplied with crayons for your enjoyment. Brings you back to feeling like a kid again.
- The Rose River Inn, 1510 Franklin Avenue, Toll Free: +1 888 876-0028 ,  The rooms are clean, nicely decorated, and comfortable. The owners are super attentive, from wonderful breakfasts, advice, and even freshly dipped chocolate strawberrys in the evening. They seem to like nothing better than cracking open a beer (or uncorking a bottle of wine) in the afternoon with their guests. $90-$150.
- Hotel Elliott357 12th Street. 877-378-1924 Newly renovated and situated in the downtown Liberty District, this unique hotel offers beautiful views of Astoria and the Columbia river. The hotel combines historical elegance with modern amenities.