Armenia is a city in Quindío department in the Andino region of Colombia.
- El Eden Airport (AXM) located 20 minutes from the city center.
- There are flights to Medellín and Bogota, with Avianca and ADA.
- Spirit Airlines have two flights per week to Fort Lauderdale.
- The airport has a food court in one of its sides were you can enjoy tropical fruit juices like Maracuya,Mango and Guanabana; also do not forgett to try some Coffee cookies and the special caramel spread with coffee ready to go. There are other places with magazines and always display some typical art in the walls. The washrooms are very clean and in general people is very warms.
- Bus Terminal - The bus terminal is located near the center of town. Busses run regularly to Bogota for around 20 US per seat. It is advertised to take 6 hours but can take as long as 12 with construction and random stops. It is roughly 3 km to the city center from the bus terminal where there are plenty of hotels. Expect to pay no more than 4,000 COP for a cab to the center.
There are taxis all over and they run into the night. Negotiate a price before riding if the meter is off.
The efficient Tinto busetas (mini-buses) costs COP$1,600 (Jan 2015) and runs from the Terminal to the Centre.
Museo del Oro Quimbaya. Avenida Bolívar # 40 Norte-80 Free. A mini version of Bogota's Gold Museum.
El Parque de La Vida. Avenida Bolivar. Free. A beautifully design garden/oasis very near the city centre. Just next to Cafe Quindio Gourmet.
- Recuca - Recorrido de la cultura cafetera ()
- Parque Nacional de Cafe ()
- Restaurante Cafe Quindio Gourmet (www.cafequindio.com.co), Carerra 14, #7N (Ave. Bolivar) (Adjacent to the Parque de laVida, and across the street from Hostal/Hotel San Martin in the upscale university area), ☎ +57 6 749 5970, . 11-00 - 22:00. A dining experience in a clean, modern setting with outdoor seating under a large canopy in addition to the inside tables. Not pricey by U.S. or European standards, exotic appetizers and salads are priced from $9,500 - $16,500 COP, and beef, pork, chicken, seafood, and pasta entrees are $18,000 - $34,500 COP. Beverages include natural fruit juices, coffee, beer, wine, and scotch. A great venue for a first date with a lovely senorita, or your significant other. There are also Quindio coffees, coffee cookies, and gift sets available in the gift shop. The gracious owner, Jaime Moreno Motta, is likely to personally greet you, especially if he hears you speaking English, in which he, and several of his staff are fluent. They also do cappuccino the Italian way, without chocolate or cinnamon. $$$. edit
- Lucerna (www.lucerna.com.co), Calle 20,#14-40. An extremely popular place for deserts and pastries. They also have their own ice cream and sundaes as well! edit
- Hotel Cafe Plaza, Armenia. checkout: 3 pm. 35,000 COP. edit
- Hotel Jasmin, Armenia (just opposite the Terminal). Clean and conveniently located across the Terminal. 15,000COP (Jan 2015). edit
- Hotel Karlaka, Km 3 via al valle, ☎ 5767426587, . A great and warm place with kind staff, all types of rooms (nicely decorated), amazing swimming pools and a Turkish bath. The hotel is eco-friendly. 100,000 COP. edit
- Hostal/Hotel San Martin (www.sanmartinhostal.com), Carrera 14, #7N-32 (Ave. Bolivar) (Across the street from Parque de la Vida in an upscale area in the vicinity of the University and major medical clinics), ☎ +57 6 746 6078, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 12:00. A very pleasant, clean, and modern hotel with very helpful and friendly staff, within two blocks of various dining venues, drugstores and a supermarket. A very safe and quiet area in the evenings. Approximately $4,000 COP cab ride from the main bus terminal, and $2,000 - $3,000 COP from the chaotic downtown area. All rooms have LCD flat screen TV's, refrigerator, Wi-Fi, and include a hot breakfast. Single $79,000 - $89,000 COP; Double $111,000 - $123,000 COP; Triple $154,000 COP; and Studios for up to five persons $129,000 - $245,000 COP. $$. edit
- Salento : little town close to the Valley de Cocora. It is a very special place were you can appreciate the houses architectura, the colorful and Spanish style balconies full of plants and the climb roads, the dark green landscape full of fog thats embrace this magic place. All around the central park you can sit down at any of the Fondas or Taverns to have a Pola or beer or an Aguardiente which is the typical liquor from Colombia. If you fell brave do not hesitate to order a Refajo or a Cocktail made by a shot of aguardiente mixed with the Colombian typical Pop "Colombiana". The main plaza is a very typical one with more side walks than garden, display some romantic benches around it. Have some woman display in a table "Obleas" that you might try or two layers of host with dulce de leche in the middle. Its delicious!
Talking about food almost any Restaurant is offering the Typical Trout in Green Plantain with some salad as a side dish. Not bad if you can find a place also to enjoy their typical Songs acompany with the Tiples and Guitars.