Apollo Bay is a town on the Great Ocean Road region of Victoria, Australia.
It is much faster to drive via Colac to get to Apollo Bay than via The Great Ocean Road. Although the Great Ocean Road provides a scenic route.
- Marriner’s Lookout. At the north end of town, drive 1 km up Marriner’s Lookout Rd. A 30 minute return walk takes you to a great view of the town and coast.
- Marriner’s Falls. A short drive to the carpark located at the end of the Barham River Road is followed by a 40 minute return walk to the Falls. There are tree ferns, lichens and mosses and you get up close to the falls.
- Maits Rest. Is a rainforest walk a short drive from Apollo Bay. The walk is named after Maitland Bryant a former forestry patrol officer who used to rest his horses in the area. Its a 30 minute walk and includes a boardwalk and glow worms at night. If you're very lucky you may also see the rare Black Otway Snail a carnivorous land snail found only in the Otway Ranges.
- Cape Otway Lightstation. Approx 30 minutes drive from Apollo Bay the Cape Otway Lightstation is oldest, surviving lighthouse in mainland Australia. The light, which has been in continuous operation since 1848, is perched on towering sea cliffs where Bass Strait and the Southern Ocean collide. to a great view of the town and coast.
There are some Great places to go Mountain Biking in the back of Apollo Bay around Forest and the Otway national parks. There is 1 tour company that offer 5-7 Day tours based out of Apollo bay. Australia By Bike  tours include all accommodation, meals and transfers from Melbourne.
- 12 Apostles Flight Adventures, Telford St, Apollo Bay, ☎ 0438 377 371, . Highlights include Apollo Bay, Cape Otway Lighthouse, Dinosaur Cove culminating in the "awesome" Twelve Apostles. Then, returning via the magnificent Otway Rainforests. edit
Over three days, the town of Apollo Bay on the Surf Coast presents a dynamic line-up of local, national and international artists across 11 stages at the award winning Apollo Bay Music Festival  There's jazz, blues, roots, classical, comedy, funk, blues, rock, world and country, as well as street performance, theatre and more!
Nearby attractions include The Great Ocean Walk, The Otway Fly Treetop Adventures and Cape Otway Light Station.
- The Great Ocean Walk winds its way through Apollo Bay on the way to 12 Apostles. . The walk goes for 104 klms walking along beaches, through rainforests and into a number of seaside towns. You can do the walk cheaply by camping at the designated campsites. These must be booked beforehand as numbers are limited. Alternatively you can go on a guided tour or a number of nearby accommodation owners will provide pickups and drop offs each day.
Bayleaf Cafe 131 Great Ocean Road Apollo Bay 03 5237 6470 great food and value for money
- Eco Beach YHA Apollo Bay, 5 Pascoe Street, Apollo Bay, ☎ 03 5237 7899, . checkin: 5PM; checkout: 10:ooam. The accommodation features two self-catering kitchens, wood heaters, a rooftop deck and balconies for chilling out or cooking on the BBQ. The hostel is of passive solar and uses a range of energy and water saving techniques to reduce its impact on the environment. Beds from $28, doubles from $80. edit
- Sandpiper Hotel, 3 Murray Street, Apollo Bay, ☎ 03 5237 6732, . All rooms have an ensuite bathroom with shower and toilet along with heating and cooling. They are also equipped with toaster, kettle, fridge and basic crockery and cutlery,ironing board and iron. Each room has a TV with free to air channels and 8 subscription channels from Austar. Access to Wi-Fi also available. edit
- Surfside Backpackers, Gambier St near corner of Great Ocean Rd (south of the town center on the rise going over to Marengo). ph 03 5237 7263. fax 03 5237 6191. A ramshackle hostel with junk collecting in the corners. Not the cleanest or tidiest of hostels. The owner is friendly and chatty and will advise on attractions.
- Beachfront Motel and Cottages, 163 Great Ocean Road, ☎ +61 3 5237-6666, . Beachfront offers architect designed, modern, quiet motel rooms and self-contained cottages directly opposite beach. edit
- Apollo Bay Backpackers, 47 Montrose ave Apollo Bay (Follow signs from Apollo Bay Information centre & bus terminal to hostel 600mts), ☎ 03 52377360, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 10AM. Friendly home away from home hostel.Dosn't look much from the outside but has heaps of character and good facilities including the well equiped kitchen with free herbs & spices . Nice outdoor garden areas with BBQ .Has separate self contained retro cottage for private rooms.Best free breakfast & free wifi/internet bodyboards & bikes. Managers are very helpful with local or onward travel advice & information on local employment $20. ($65,) edit
- Apollo Bay Backpackers Lodge, 23 Pascoe st Apollo Bay (Follow signs from Apollo Bay Information centre & bus terminal 150mts), ☎ 03 52377850, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 10AM. Pleasent 4 bed dorms or 5 person family rooms in hostel section with large well equiped communal lounge/kitchen/dining area with sundeck.The 1&2bedroom self contained Apartments (sleep 2 to 7)are excellent value.located just 150mts from beach/bus/shops/cafes. Wi-Fi available in rooms .Good free continental breakfast & use of bikes . Manager very helpful with local and onward travel information $25. ($200,) edit
- Apollo Bay Guest House, 4 Great Ocean Road (Apollo Bay), ☎ 0403378520, . If you're looking for luxury this is a great option. Prices start from $220 including breakfast. There is a main house and a studio 220. edit