Antipolo is a city in Rizal Province, Philippines.
Antipolo around 25km away from Manila, around an hour by car.
Hinulugang Taktak Waterfalls
The LRT-2 line will take you from Recto to Santolan Station. From there you can catch a jeepney (P20 or 45 US cents) or an FX taxi (P40 or 90 US cents) that will take you to the Town Proper.
By jeep or FX taxi
Antipolo is accessible by jeepney or FX taxi, with terminals in Metro Manila including one in Araneta Center Cubao[], on Valero Street behind RCBC Plaza in Makati, and in Crossings Department Store in Shangri-la Plaza[]. There are also direct daily jeepneys between MRT Shaw (EDSA Central) and Antipolo (P26).
Due to the fact that many people commute to work, there are direct connections between Ayala (Makati) and Antipolo during the week. On weekends, one has to take an FX to Tikling (P45) and change there in a jeep to Antipolo (P10).
With over 8000 tricycles in the Town Proper alone, you will have no problem looking for a ride to near by destinations. Places along the main roads are accessible by jeepney. It is advisable to travel by car.
A walk through the Mystical cave
- Antipolo Cathedral. Home of the more than 100-year old Nuestra Senora della Paz y Buen Viaje (Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage); lot of pilgrims flock to the cathedral from Manila and the lowlands of Rizal during May to offer flowers. edit
- Hinulugang Taktak Waterfalls. A once nice and popular picnic spot for families, this waterfalls has suffered from pollution and eutrophication; visitors are advised against bathing in the stream of the waterfalls for health reasons. edit
- Mystical Cave. A seven floor cave that can be visited in the countryside near Antipolo, but only the first level can be visited with a guide, without aquiring a special permit. P40. edit
- Pinto Art Museum, 1 Sierra Madre St., Antipolo City (A few meters away from Rizal Provincial Capitol, turn right at Grand Heights Rd then straight ahead to Pinto Art Museum), ☎ (632) 697 2460. A museum gallery showcasing works of art from paintings and sculptures of local artists. It is a sprawling property with well manicured gardens and fountains. A perfect backdrop for reflection and learning. The gallery also has a commanding view of Metro Manila. The cafe catered by Bizu is open during weekends. edit
- Attend mass at the Antipolo cathedral (the biggest and most important church in the province). Also take time to visit the Nuestra Senora del Buen Viaje (at the back of the cathedral).
- Enjoy the overlooking views of the Manila skyline along Sumulong Highway. One could even stop for a drink at one of the restaurant-pubs on the roadside.
- Roasted Cashew Nuts - Hot from the vendors outside of Antipolo Cathedral (the vendors will most likely come to you, rather than you come to them)
- Filipino Rice Cakes - The most famous form of which, "kalamay", is another popular "pasalubong" that visitors carry away from Antipolo
There are a lot of fastfood restaurants located at the town proper (Upper Antipolo) and Cogeo (Lower Antipolo), which include Jollibee, Mcdonald's, KFC, and Pizza Hut. There are also convenience stores, such as 7-Eleven and Ministop, in the area. Bars and restaurants line the locally-termed "overlooking" stretch along Sumulong Highway, which is to say, that the vantage point overlooks Metro Manila and the Ortigas skyline.
There are also numerous places to drink in the mountainous city, along Marcos Highway you can find several spots for drinking like 22nd St. Comedy Bar, X Factor Bar, Dampa sa Antipolo to name a few. In the Sumulong Highway you can also find classy places to drink like the Padi's Point and Cloud 9 bar.
- Seven Suites Hotel Observatory, Hollywood Hills Subd, Sumulong Highway, Antipolo City, Philippines, ☎ (02) 217-5443, . An interesting hotel option with a powerful roof deck telescope for observing the stars. In-house astronomer on hand to give lectures about the stellar night sky. edit
- Loreland Farm Resort, Sitio Loreland, Brgy. San Roque, Antipolo City (From the town proper of Antipolo, you can take the tricycle going to Loreland. Landmark is Unciano Medical Center & Mc Donalds, turn on that road that lead to Loreland), ☎ (632) 696 0101 to 03, . Loreland Farm Resort is an 8 hectare property overlooking the scenic Laguna De Bay and Metro Manila. The resort caters to family and corporate outings, teambuildings and events venue. It has 8 swimming pools, over 50 room accommodations, indoor and outdoor function areas, sports and teambuilding facilities. It is open for weekend, daytours and long stays. edit
- Femar Garden Resort and Convention Ceter, Taktak Road Antipolo City (5 minutes away from Hinulugang taktak waterfalls antipolo city), ☎ 6971838, . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12noon. Femar Garden Resort and Convention Center offers an authentic resort experience with its exceptional accommodations and high-quality services showcasing the best of Antipolo City and a classic Filipino hospitality. Get away from the busy life of Metro Manila, and discover a hotel that is classically elegant just an hour away. It has 3 swimming pools, cottages and hotel accommodations. 200. edit
Come down into other lower-lying towns of Rizal, one of the most interesting of which is Angono (named the Art Capital of the Philippines) and host of two National Artists. In the backdoor entry to Angono from Antipolo (through the Eastridge Country Club), visitors can stop by to take a visit at the famous Angono Petroglyphs (now managed by the National Museum).