Alnmouth is a beach resort town in Northumberland, England. Nearest coin laundry is in Alnwick. The name is pronounced 'Allenmouth'. Many non-locals get this wrong, including many conductors on British trains.
Alnmouth is easily accessible from Newcastle or Edinburgh on the east coast mainline service, currently run by East Coast . The trip is about 50 minutes to or from Newcastle.
The train station is roughly a 20 minute walk away from Alnmouth town.
Newcastle airport is about 40 miles to the south.
Alnmouth is about 5 miles from the A1 trunk road north to Scotland and this is the main access route for the town.
Alnmouth is on Arriva Bus route 518 running between Newcastle and Alnwick. There are three stops in Hipsburn (including one at the top of the Station approach), one in Lesbury and three in Alnmouth. The service runs hourly in each direction and is generally very reliable. Travelsure also operate their 519 Service between Alnmouth Station and Alnwick during the summer season.
- Alnmouth Private Hire (Don Hume) (Tel: 01665 830 096)
- Alnmouth Station Taxi Knights (Paul Dixon) (07760 715667) For all your needs cars, estate cars (for extra luggage) and 7 seaters available. Alnwick, Amble and outlying areas.
- The Yellow Taxi  (Russell Draper) (01665 541 250) - Up to six passengers can travel in style in a genuine London taxi. Call 01665 541 250 or look for The Yellow Taxi.
Golf. The village golf course is the 4th oldest in England dating from 1869 and designed by Mungo Park. [Alnmouth Golf Club website].
Photography. The village and sandy beach are very photogenic.
Sailing. There are yacht and small boat moorings within the estuary.
Alnmouth arts festival in June each year 
- Village post office store has some essentials.
- The Schooner Hotel (8 Northumberland St, NE66 2RS, 01665 830287) dates back to the 1600's and has always been at the centre of the village life.There are of course rumours of hauntings. 
- Hope Anchor Hotel, Northumberland St, ☎ 01665 830363, . Won bronze award in northumberland for best local produced food. edit
Alnmouth has many b&bs and pubs offering accommodation. For a listing see 
There are also lots of self catering cottages to chose from 
- Hope & Anchor Hotel, 44 Northumberland St, ☎ 01665 830363, . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 10pm. The hotel has 8 bedrooms 3xFamily/2xtwin/3xdouble £40 / £45 pppn. edit