Alexander is a town in McKenzie County, in the Badlands area of North Dakota. It has a population of about 200 people and is located near the western end of Lake Sakakawea. Its elevation is 2,180 feet, and its latitude 47.86N & longitude W103.64.
- By car: US Highway 85, about 22 miles west and north of Watford City.
- By Air: Sloulin Field in Williston is about 20 miles to the north.
- Lewis and Clark Trail Museum, Highway 85 North, +1-701-828-3595. Open: Memorial Day thru Labor Day, M-Sa 9AM-5PM, Su 1PM-5PM. The largest museum in northwestern North Dakota. Eight display rooms featuring cars, machinery, homestead artifacts and a Lewis and Clark panorama. Admission: Adults $2, teens $1, 12-under free when accompanied by adult.
- Alexander Campground, City Park, +1-701-828-3461. Primitive camping.
- Ragged Butte Inn, 804 Elk St, +1-701-828-3164. 18 Rooms, RV hookups.