Agoura Hills  is a city in Los Angeles County in Southern California. The city is most known for its equestrian prowess and ranches, as well as top-rated hiking trails.
Take the 101 North; once you have passed the Lost Hills exit, you are in Agoura Hills. When you have passed Lindero Canyon exit, you are no longer in Agoura Hills.
Los Angeles public transportation has one line in. During the summer, a special bus funded by the city takes passengers to and from Malibu beach.
Best by automobile, as none of the sites are public transit accessible.
North of the 101 Freeway, Agoura Hills is a typically suburban bedroom community and of little interest to most travelers, however, south of the 101 lies the scenic Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area.
- Reyes Adobe Historical Site ] built around 1850, was Agoura Hills’ first home to a widow with 14 children, Maria Antonia Machado. She purchased the Reyes rancho, "Rancho Las Virgenes", from her uncle Jose Maria Dominguez. Maria’s deceased husband had been the son of Juan Francisco Reyes who served on the famous Portola expedition. From 1916 to 1983 the property transferred to owners who shared a common interest in preserving the landmark adobe home located in the beautiful foothills beneath Ladyface Mountain. Through restoration and research efforts, the City of Agoura Hills has created an interpretive center and museum for visitors to hear their stories.
- Paramount Ranch, Cornell Road north of Mullholland Highway, ☎ +1 805 370-2301 (fax: +1 805 370-1851), . Paramount Ranch is the site of decades of movie and television production as a stand-in for everything from Africa to the Wild West. It was most recently the filming location for the television program Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. Today, the park is run by the National Park Service and is open to the public. The Ranch contains several miles of hiking trails to explore as well as the Western Town set. Make sure to walk across the bridge in the southern corner of the park to reach the small, rural community of Malibou Lake. edit
There are free summer concerts in the park. In the 90s, Agoura Hills was knows as a "mecca of music," launching music sensations Linkin Park and Hoobastank.
There are a number of places where you can hire horses to ride.
There are plenty of trails to explore. Chesebro Canyon has some of the best hiking trails in all of Los Angeles. Many begin in Agoura Hills and take you to Pacific Coast Highway. You can hike in the opposite direction and once you reach the top, you’ll be at a sulfur spring. There is no shortage of biking trails either.
- Italia Deli: Cute Italian deli in the city's commercial center. Cheap, but quality, fare.
- Latigo Kid. Mexican Restaurant next to the world famous Canyon Club live music venue - some of the best Mex food in SoCal - huge portions, the chili rellanos and tamales are incredible edit
- Latigo Kid. Next to the world famous Canyon Club live music venue - some of the best authentic Mexican food in SoCal, and huge portions - the tamales and chili rellenos are awesome edit
- Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel, 30100 Agoura Road, ☎ (818) 707-1220 (fax: +1 818 707-6298), . edit
- Homewood Suites by Hilton, 28901 Canwood Street, ☎ +1 818 865-1000, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12 noon. An all-suite hotel. edit
|Routes through Agoura Hills