The Achterhoek is a region in Gelderland, Netherlands.
 Other destinations
- Although not an official rule, cyclists expect to have priority in trafic in this part of the Netherlands.
 Get in
 Get around
- Visit the flower parade in Lichtenvoorde or Winterswijk both in September.
- Visit the carnival in Groenlo, but don't expect celebrations like in the Southern Netherlands, it's celebrated smaller and simpler here.
- Cycle or hicke trough forest and fields.
- Visit the lighted boats event in Bredevoort called 'Bredevoort Schitterd' 
- Visit the 'Zwarte Cross', a rock-pop music festival and motor cycle event
- At Eastern go to Paaspop in Ziewent or visit the eastern fires in rural areas
 Stay safe
 Get out