Aberaeron is a coastal town in Ceredigion, Wales.
Aberaeron is a Welsh-speaking seaside town, with multicoloured houses, a harbour and many small independent shops.
There is no train station. The nearest is in Aberystwyth, from where there are buses. By road, the main A487 runs through the town.
It's about a 20 minute drive to Aberystwyth. To the south there are good beaches at Llangrannog and Cwmtydu.
- The town and harbour. Aberaeron is well-known for its multicoloured houses and buildings. Take a stroll down the High Street and around the harbour. Look out for the local family of Bottle-nosed Dolphins out to sea.
- Aberaeron Sea Aquarium, 2 Quay Parade (Right on the harbour), ☎ 01545 570142 (fax: 01545 570160). Now Closed down edit
- Cegin Cymru (Welsh Kitchen), 18 Market Street. Lovely little shop selling locally-produced delicacies. The farmhouse cheeses are a particular favourite. edit
- Aeron Sports, 2 Alban Square. Fishing tackle and other sports gear edit
Aberaeron Harbour by night
The Harbourmaster Hotel ('Gwesty'r Harbwr' in Welsh) has a superb restaurant, specialising in seafood. For a cheaper, yet tasty and substantial meal, try the New Celtic fish-and-chips restaurant (eat in or take away).
The Famous Holgate's Honey Ice Cream, from The Hive on the Quay. Also holds a cafe/restaurant serving more substantial meals. Located exactly where the name implies!
- Friends Coffee Shop, 5 Alban Square, ☎ 01545571122. A great cafe/takeaway specialising in baguettes and Segafredo coffee. Great quality food at very reasonable prices with a warm and friendly atmosphere. edit
- The Harbourmaster Hotel (Gwesty'r Harbwr), Pen Cei, Aberaeron, ☎ 01545 570 755, . A cobalt blue small hotel with views of the sea and harbour. £80-£120 per night for bed and breakfast. edit
- Nant Meigan (Holiday Home), Aberaeron, ☎ 07971 282007, . Located in the centre of the famous seaside town of Aberaeron, West Wales, 'Nant Meigan' is a Grade 2 listed Georgian terrace holiday let, in the the centre of a historic town. A five minute walk to the pebble beach, and backing onto the river Aeron, the property enjoys a walled garden that provides privacy and tranquillity, centrally located to give you plenty of choices for enjoyable outings in West Wales and your own Welsh Holiday edit
- Riverwalk holiday cottage, ☎ 01782 799262, . Holiday cottage sleeps 6 up to £475. edit