Aarau is the German speaking capital city (and district) of the the northern Swiss canton of Aargau. It lies south of the German border, east of Berne and Basel, north of Lucerne, and west of Zurich.
chocolate formed like swiss army knifes (Mercur)
small rolls from Mayer bakery
delicious chocolate, can be found everywhere.
There is even a factory (Frey) to be visited near Aarau (Buchs)
Try the Chinese restaurant near the tourist office (they come from Hong Kong)
Mercur chocolate also sells small cups of good expensive ice cream (green tea ice cream, too)
- Try hot white chocolate from Caolina (for example at a café near the theatre) or the famous swiss "Ovomaltine" (hot or cold, similar to cocoa).
Migros supermarkets do never sell alcohol, but you can get Beck´s beer at coop markets (Igelwaid)
- Cardinal beer tastes light, there is also an Irish pub for Guiness lovers
- Boiler Club Is a small under ground club in the middle of the Altstadt on Rathausgasse. The music is different every time you visit and is guaranteed to make you dance. Try the local Boxer Beir or the Tequilla shots with a slice of Orange and Cinnamon powder.
- Aarau-West*** Swiss Quality Hotel, Muhenstrasse 58, CH-5036, (email@example.com, fax: +41 (0) 62 737 01 00). New three star business hotel located 3 kilometers away from the train station Aarau. Very quiet area with onsite golf course and tennis courts. Double room for single use from 160CHF Double room from 210CHF (low season 2009).
www.aarau-west.ch www.SwissQualityHotels.com edit
- Sorrellino Argovia, Kasernenstrasse 24, Aarau. Tel: +41 62 823 21 21, fax: +41 62 822 32 63, firstname.lastname@example.org . Rates: CHF 120-190.
- Aarauerhof*** Swiss Quality Hotel, Bahnhofstrasse 68, CH-5001, (email@example.com, fax: +41 (0) 62 837 84 00). Located at the Aarau train station directly in the city center. Three star hotel with modern business and meeting facilities. Single room from 140CHF Double room from 210CHF (rates from January 2009).
www.aarauerhof.ch www.SwissQualityHotels.com edit